After the successful Amgen Tour of California (podium place for Ashleigh Moolman Pasio), CCC-Liv immediately returned to Europe for the following stage race: the Lotto Thüringen Ladies Tour, a six-day tour in Germany. The orange train will start on Tuesday with Agnieszka Skalniak, Marta Lach, Evy Kuijpers, Pauliena Rooijakkers and Valerie Demey.
“I have seen a very strong team at work every day in California. Three of them are also in Germany. The confidence is good", says sports director Jeroen Blijlevens. “We are not so much coming to Thüringen with classification ambitions, but we will focus on a stage victory. It is important to jump along with breakaways. This nice competition, in which it goes up and down a lot, lends itself to successes for adventurers”, says sports director Jeroen Blijlevens.
- First stage: Tuesday 28 May, Rund um Gera (98 kilometres)
- Second stage: Wednesday 29 May, Rund um Schleiz (113 kilometres)
- Third stage: Thursday 30 May, Rund um Dörtendorf (94 kilometres)
- Fourth stage: Friday 31 May, Rund um Gotha (115 kilometres)
- Fifth stage (time trial): Saturday 1 June, Rund um Meiningen (18 kilometres)
- Sixth stage: Sunday 2 June, Rund um Altenburg (84 kilometres)
Photo credits: Cor Vos