CCC-Liv has decided not to start in the Strade Bianche on Saturday in light of the circulating corona virus.
Team manager Eric van den Boom: “We have been monitoring the situation in recent days. In addition, we have always been in contact with our medical staff. We had taken preventive measures and established protocols on how to deal with this situation. Recent developments, including a negative travel advice for Northern Italy, have now made us decide to withdraw from the Strade Bianche. The risks are simply too big. We make this decision with mixed feelings, because we were really looking forward to this beautiful and well-organised race. The mind, however, has won from the emotion. The health and safety of our riders and staff have the highest priority at all times.”
CCC-Liv continues to follow the developments regarding the corona virus on a daily basis, together with the medical staff. Unless decided otherwise, other (Italian) races will remain on the calendar.
Photo credits: Chris Auld/ CCC-Liv